Growing Up in Scotland conference 2022
On 21 June 2022, the Scottish Centre for Social Research (ScotCen) hosted a half day conference online to provide an update on the Growing Up in Scotland (GUS) study. Commissioned by the Scottish Government, GUS is a longitudinal study that has been tracking the lives of thousands of children in Scotland since 2005, from early years through to young adulthood.
This conference included a presentation of findings from the latest Scottish Government report on Life at Age 14, and presentations from research projects which have used the study data, sharing important perspectives on the issues that young people and their families in Scotland face today.
Copies of the speaker presentations are also available:
- An update on the GUS study (PDF)
- The SPACES study: Harnessing the value of wearable technology and GUS data linkage to explore the impact of the built, natural, and social environment on young people’s health and wellbeing (PDF)
- Childhood offending in contemporary Scotland – a tale of two studies (PDF)
- Mothers and children living with domestic abuse in Scotland (PDF)
- Family inequalities, residential mobility and children’s outcomes (PDF)